Sunday, July 13, 2008

Epson Stylus Photo R280 printer now works with Airport Express (b/g)



I just finished setting up my Epson Stylus Photo R280 printer on the USB port of an airport express. With third party inks or even with genuine Epson Inks, the ink level monitor does not work but printing and head alignment, etc. work just fine.

for thoroughness I installed the latest Bonjour from Apple on my dell laptop running XP and installed the XP driver for my printer on that and I can print wirelessly from my dell laptop as well. Again, on the PC side the ink level monitor does not work but one can disable it by going into Printers, right-click on the printer, choose properties -> printing preferences-> Maintenance tab -> Speed & Progress -> and check "Disable EPSON Status Monitor 3"

Epson just added this driver update on 6/11/08 so it's likely that some printers that didn't work with bonjour before will work now:

Updated driver for Leopard and Epson Stylus Photo R280

No comments: